Saturday 8 January 2011

Three favourites

My top three favourite films are Amelie, Love Me If You Dare and...Sister Act II!! Not your typical choice there but a film with Whoopi Goldberg and Lauryn Hill? I don't think you can go wrong.
These are guilty pleasures which I could watch back to back all day, quite easily. The beautiful ladies Audrey Tatou, Marion Cotillard and Lauryn Hill make the films in my opinion.
I love the film Amelie because its a bit of an emotional roller coaster ride. It's a story which touches on unrequited love, comfortable loneliness, visual wonder, and imaginary worlds.
Love Me If You Dare is quite like a sequel to Amelie, in that its a french love story which runs quite frequently in make believe worlds, however its a much darker love story. It's a romantic comedy, but, unlike most genre entries, this one explores love not as a redemptive force, but as a potentially destructive one.
On to Sister Act II. Its bad acting, its a rubbish story line, BUT Whoopi Goldberg is the funniest loveliest actress and character so thats why this film is in my top three. Lauryn Hill singing is always a win aswell. 




No comments:

Post a Comment