Sunday 17 April 2011

Mayor Hawthorne

Mayor Hawthorne, why have I only just found you now? I recently came across this artist on my spotify, which I actually presumed was an accident until I asked my housemate if she had heard of him. She rightfully told me I was crazy and I had to take a listen, and I’m so glad I did.  I don’t understand why there isn’t more hype around this guy. He is a singer, producer, and multi-instrumentalist with a talent for music. Raised in the 80’s , he grew up listening to hip-hop, and timeless classic motown tunes from the 60’s, which is really what his music is a mixture of. If you bare this in mind, and take a listen to his music, you wouldn’t believe he’s a white kid from Michigan. I’m hoping we will hear more from him over in the UK as he’s caught the eye (and ear's) of Gilles Peterson and producer/DJ Ranson.

No comments:

Post a Comment